Saturday, September 16, 2006

Summer in Cincy- P&G Internship

I spent my summer on an internship with Procter & Gamble in Cincinnati, Ohio as an HR Generalist. I worked within the Market Strategy & Planning organization at the corporate office for 12 weeks and had an awesome experience. P&G flew my family and I out together and we rented an independent 2-bedroom apartment about 10 miles north of downtown. Brittany and the kids basically enjoyed a 2-month vacation, going to the pool and playing at the nearby parks almost every day. I was downtown at the P&G Plaza working in the Central building on the 4th floor.

P&G was my top pick, and from what I could tell one of the most difficult and sought after internships available. Perhaps it was the influence of Trent Savage, the P&G recruiter that came on the rafting trip last year and impressed all of us so much. P&G was also the first company to come out on campus and so there was a lot of buzz- I'd heard about the company during my initial interview with the MBA program before getting accepted and thought it would be a good fit.

The work that I was involved in was awesome- I was an HR generalist supporting one of the product lines within the House Hold Needs group and delivered on 9 total projects, including a multifunctional intern project relating to talent development that was assigned to us by AG Lafley. I was impressed by the people at P&G and made some great friends there. Overall, I had a great experience and enjoyed my summer in Cincy.

No comments: