Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Last Final...

Walking out of the Marriott School after my last final (Business Japanese) was a surreal experience, bittersweet and yet fulfilling. Unless at some point I go completely insane (give me until my mid-life crisis), this will be the last time I'm in school. The last reading assignment, the last report, the last presentation, the last test, the last school lecture now behind me, I am now looking forward to the numeous opportunities and challenges that will become available through my new employment opportunity at Microsoft.

Did I mention that I received my role information for Microsoft? I am going to be working in the Developer Division ("the geeks of the geeks" according to my boss Tami) as a Learning & Organization Consultant. It is a POC (People & Organizational Capability) role and I couldn't be more excited. It looks like we have a great group of Trax members and interns that will be starting this summer. Pat and Logan are both working as HR generalists and Jason is working in POC as a Talent Planning Consultant.


Tomorrow morning I graduate- after two years of effort and a great experience it is finally coming to a close. Of course it seems somewhat anticlimactic as it will probably fly back too quickly and be time to drive to Seattle. It'll be fun seeing my family and friends come to celebrate the day with me and as I was walking from my last final I could see the little dots of people up on the Y getting it ready for lighting. They're finally lighting it for me!! I've seen that big Y all lit up for many years, it's just neat to finally have it be to celebrate something I'm a part of. Pretty cool stuff.

No comments: