Friday, January 26, 2007

Business Plan Competition

The Marriott School's Center for Entrepreneurship sponsors the Business Plan Competition each year, awarding approximately $130,000 in cash and in-kind service prizes to winning teams. I attended the final event last year and it was pretty awesome. I worked with a team in my Creating and Managing New Ventures class last semester to develop a business plan that we are going to enter into the competition. I'm also involved in the Marriott School's Net Impact club and we're developing a couple of business plans to enter into the social entrepreneurship category ($25,000 in awards) as well.

Not having participated in last year's competition means that the whole thing is going to be new to me but I'm excited about going through the process and the chance to participate. Someday I do want to start my own business and plan to work as a consultant for small and family businesses so this experience is going to be very helpful. I'll let you know how things go!

No comments: