Sunday, November 12, 2006

Fly-back Interviews Completed

After interviewing with 10 or so companies on campus this recruiting season, I was asked to fly back for final interviews at 3 companies: Microsoft, Dell, and American Express. I spent 3 days in Seattle, Washington with Pat Brady and a few 1st years, 3 days in Austin, Texas with 7 other 2nd year MBA students (what a fun trip!), and 2 days in New York City by myself (first time to the Big Apple).

After about 10 days of travel and about 12 interviews I have a job offer from Microsoft and American Express and am waiting for word from Dell; I expect it to come sometime this week. As the recruiting season got underway, my top picks were Microsoft and Amex, I was just fortunate to also have a chance to look at Dell as well. It is going to be a hard choice between Microsoft and Amex because they are both great companies and offering the type of role and global opportunities I am looking for.

I didn't get a flyback with General Mills or PWC, didn't even get an interview with Honeywell and Hitachi Consulting (what?!), and decided to turn down further opportunities with Amazon.com and Target. In the end I got the flybacks and am confident I'll get the offers I wanted the most. We'll see what happens.

No comments: